Lagos State Association of Maritime Contractor, Petro-gas Servicing Operators and Water Transporters(MARINES) in collaboration with International Maritime and Petroleum Organisation is aimed to provide the much needed skills required in the industries, both in Nigeria and Overseas. Hence, adopted the tripodal approach to fulfill its mandate of training her cadets to function effectively in these industries:
NATURE OF THE TRAINING
The training is a Professional marine cadet training and Certification Programme. It is aimed at providing technical and operational skills workforce in maritime, Petro-gas(offshore/Onshore), Water Transport and allied industries. The programme is the greatest link for marine cadet capital development that provides the diverse workforce for both industries.
– To train marine cadets through physical and theorical programs with unique flexible and well experience facilitators.
– To instill professionalism in job performance, and a desire to continually improve maritime skills.
– To provide the deep sea and inland waterways maritime industry with skilled, knowledgeable, and responsible personnel’s.
– To give full and complete effect to the new marine training and assessment requirements of the amended Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW).
– To provide marine cadets with both the theoretical back-ground and practical application of job skills necessary for work on merchant vessels.
– To provide the skills and knowledge base that are an essential foundation for the modern technical skills required in today’s water transportation industry.
– Maritime Administration and Management
– Shipping and port Management
– Petro-gas facility management
– Tank Farm and Depot Facilities Management and Security
– Maritime safety Regulations and Laws
– Tanker Vessel Familiarization
– Personal Survival Swimming
– Navigation : Rules of The Road
– First Aid
– Fire Fighting and Safety Measures
– Risk Assessment / Job Hazard Analysis JHA
– Project Management
– Report Writing Skills
– STCW and ISPS Code
– Leadership Training/Corporate Communication
– Maritime Environmental pollution and General HSE.
MARINE CADETS TRAINING DURATION
– 6 Days (Including Practical and Cadetship Training).
See Photos of Day 2 of the ongoing Marine Cadets Training:
DAILY TRAINING TIME TABLE
10am – 11am —————————– First session
11am – 12pm —————————– Second session
12am – 12:30pm —————————– BREAK session12:40pm – 1:40pm —————————– Third session1:45pm – 3:45pm —————————– Last session